Counseling Department Number: (845) 680-1614
Counseling Department Fax Number: (845) 680-1929
Transcript requests for former students: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Counseling Department at Tappan Zee High School works to meet the academic, social, and career/post-graduate planning needs of their students at each grade level. Students are assigned a counselor in Grade 9 and remain with that school counselor until graduation. Counselors are committed to fostering relationships with students/families while providing a comprehensive program. Our program includes, but is not limited to, individual meetings, annual course advisement, classroom lessons, parent workshops, career exploration, and post-graduate planning conferences.
In addition to academic support, our Schools Psychologists, Social Worker and Prevention Counselor provide mental health services and social emotional supports to help our students succeed to their fullest potential.
Current students seeking transcripts can find the appropriate forms linked under “Forms” on this page.
Alumni seeking transcripts should send an email to email@example.com and include name at graduation, date of birth, year of graduation and where to send the transcript.
Counseling Department Calendar At a Glance
- Schedule adjustments
- College application preparation with seniors
- Common Application workshops
- Small group introduction and goal setting meetings with freshmen
- Student counseling as needed
- Grade-level parent workshops
- Financial Aid Presentation for students and parents
- Personalized Annual Review meetings with all students in grades 9-11 that includes course selection
- Orientation for eighth-grade students and parents
- Individual post high school planning meetings with juniors and their parents
- Eighth-grade course requests received and inputted
- Elective Fair
- Annual evaluation meetings for students with individualized education plans (IEPs)
- Ongoing junior post high school planning meetings with students and parents
- Naviance/Career Readiness presentations and activities with grades 9-11
- Summer coursework is posted
- Student schedules are finalized and posted before students return to school
- Common Application workshops begin
- New entrants
Please note: There are some exceptions to student-school counselor assignments. We make every effort to assign current students within the same family to a single counselor.
Randy Altman | (845) 680-1621
Gr. 9: A-Con| Gr. 10: A-Cr | Gr. 11: A-Ex | Gr. 12: A-Con
Kelly Keane, Team Leader | (845) 680-1615
Gr. 9: Cov-Gam | Gr. 10: De-Has | Gr. 11: F-Ha | Gr. 12: Cu-Go
Kathryn Marks | (845) 680-1620
Gr. 9: Gi-Mat | Gr. 10: Hat-Marr | Gr. 11: Hea-McC | Gr. 12: Gon-Mark
Jaime Holzer | (845) 680-1616
Gr. 9: McC-Re | Gr. 10: Mar-Ph | Gr. 11: McE-Ra | Gr. 12: Mar-Pen
Glenda Rivera | (845) 680-1611
Gr. 9: Ric-Z | Gr. 10: Pin-Z | Gr. 11: Ram-Z | Gr. 12: Pet-Z
School Social Worker
Jessenia Cursio | (845) 680-1775
School Prevention Counselor
Annemarie Scott | (845) 680-1671
AP Exam Registration & Information
Incoming 9th Graders
Job Opportunities for Students
NYS Diploma Requirements
TZHS School Profile
How do I:
Decide what to classes to take freshman year?
Understand the scheduling process and what my options are?
Send college credits I’ve earned at TZHS?
Get answers to general questions, such as class rank and community service?
Mental Health Resources