@Tappan_Zee_HS ☀️Summer Assignments: ELA Reading
The purpose of a summer reading program is to encourage reading! Studies have shown that the best way to improve academic performance is to read! Read magazines, read the back of the cereal box, read your favorite blog…but READ! Of course, there is nothing better on a summer day than relaxing on the beach or in your favorite reading nook with a good book. Whether reading or listening to a book on your Kindle, Nook, iPad, smartphone or favorite app you gain the same satisfaction and benefits!
As in previous years, the high school provides links to a wide variety of reading lists that address specific reading interests or needs, or that we think are just great lists. Summer reading requires students to read any two books. In the fall, an in-class writing assignment will be required of all students about the two books they read over the summer. Students should remember to write down at least the author and title for a minimum of two books.
Please follow links below to REQUIRED reading for:
To join in the fun of Summer Reading and Summer Learning, find your local library website using the links below.
- Blauvelt Public Library
- Palisades Free Library
- Piermont Public Library
- Orangeburg Public Library
- Tappan Public Library
Additional Suggestions for Summer Reading Resources and Ideas:
- The 2020 Amazing Audiobooks list for Young Adults
- 2020 Best Fiction for Young Adults
- 2020 Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults
- Best Books for Young Adults Archive
- Teen Book Finder Database
YALSA honors the best teen literature each year with its six literary awards, announced each year at the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
- Barnes and Noble recommended top picks #BookYourSummer.
- Audiobooks are the perfect companion for a family road trip! Visit tryaudiobooks.com for FREE DOWNLOADS and suggested ways you can listen to audiobooks.
- New York Times Young Adult
- Click on the #summerreading2020 to find more Summer Reading resources on the @TZHSLibrary website.
TOGETHER, LET’S KEEP READING AND LEARNING…ALL SUMMER LONG!