TAKE THE CHALLENGE!
Invent a celebration creation to amp up littleBits’ 5th birthday party. We’re turning 5! So we’re throwing a gigantic party to celebrate, but need a little help with the entertainment. We challenge you to use the power of Bits to make the extravaganza a little more fun. Think: a cake that sings to you, your own personal arcade, or confetti cannons galore.
After all these years, the most important thing to us is still that moment where it all clicks, and you become an inventor. Take the challenge and help us celebrate 5 years of moments.
Use the Invention Cycle to get going:
Think about what makes a birthday party fun. Games? Cakes? Costumes? Play with some ideas in your head and build a prototype (or three!) with your Bits. Don’t worry about getting everything right on the first try. The important thing is to just get started and experiment. Here are a few directions to get you started:
- Every birthday needs candles! Check out thisBitsy Birthday Candle.
- This Confetti Cannon by christinadanton is sure to be a hit at any party.
- Turn this Moving Collage into an oversized interactive card
- Remix the Lunar Escape by David Saunders into a birthday pinball game.
- Integrate the littleBits Birthday Song by andrew.bennie into your Arduino invention.
Is it fun to use? Test your invention with friends or your family to see what they think.
How can you make your birthday invention even better? Use the feedback you received from your testing to improve it. Experiment with new materials, Bits, or spaces.