Mandala is a Sanskrit word that loosely translates to mean “circle” or “center.”
The word mandala is often associated with the circular designs that have repeating colors, shapes, and patterns radiating from the center. Mandalas can be precise, carefully measured, geometric, and perfectly symmetrical, or in contrast, free flowing, organic, and asymmetrical. Mandalas are often drawn in circles but they can also be drawn in squares.
Benefits of Mandalas
- Relaxes the body and mind
- Cultivates the feeling of happiness, inner peace, and general well-being
- Eases stress, anxiety, worry, overwhelm, fear, and depression
- Activates creativity and improves focus
- Enhances self-esteem and self-acceptance
- Fosters a sense of connectedness with one’s self and others
- Improves sleep
- It’s fun!