Hi everyone. I hope you’re doing well. I miss you A LOT!!!!
Well, we know that we will not be able to participate in American Young Voices this year. Bummer! However the company has created a way to still participate in the largest children’s choir ever while remaining socially distant. It’s called YV from Home.
The producers of AYV have created the Power in Me Challenge where they would like you to submit a video and be part of their sing a long on June 2nd, which happens to be the day we were scheduled to be at the Prudential Center.
You will need to sign up for this challenge by clicking the link below. That will give you access to the music, lyrics and some videos to help you learn the song. I will also work on the song during Zoom meetings.
I hope you take advantage of this opportunity. See you this week on your Zoom meetings. The schedule for these meetings is in the Google Classroom.
OKAY!!!! It’s time to start singing again!!! The week of April 13th two things will happen:
- We will begin working on a new song, LARGER THAT LIFE! You can find the link to the song on the AYV Page.
- We will have our first ZOOM sing! Each of your parents has received the link to the Zoom meetings for next week. 4th Grade on Tuesday and 5th Grade on Thursday. I look forward to seeing each of you again. If you did not receive a Zoom link, please have your parent email me and I will send it again.
When you join, please be patient. It will be a large group and we have to make sure we are practicing class rules. Things like not talking, hint hint.
AYV – I have not heard any updates as of now. As soon as I do, I will post here on my blog so subscribe to it if you have not already done so.
I hope to hear from all of you next week!
Hi everyone. I hope you are all staying safe and healthy. I am still setting up a Google Classroom for us to work from. It’s still a under construction so check back soon for updates. While you are home here are some things you can do to keep yourselves involved with music.
For my general music students:
- Practice your recorders. I hope by now you have cleaned your recorder. Remember, place it in the top rack of the dishwasher or swish it in warm soapy water and let it air dry. I encourage you to take them out 2 days a week and practice them. Play a song you remember from class or see if you can figure out a song you know that we did not learn in class.
- Sing A Song – it can be a song from class or one of your favorites you sing around your home. While you are singing, keep one ear focused on the song and the other on your voice. Listen to hear if you are matching the pitch of the singer in the video or on your devise.
- SING – That’s why you joined Chorus, so you could sing. Go to the American Young Voices tab and sing along with the songs that are posted. I have added the lyrics to help you. I will update the songs as time goes by and even record some parts for a few of them, especially the ones that have us singing harmony.
STAY WELL AND I WILL REACH OUT TO YOU SOON WITH MORE ACTIVITIES FOR US TO DO!!
I know you have all been working very hard to prepare for our American Young Voices Trip and I am so proud of you for that. However, in an effort to be safe for the students, teachers and team involved with the event, the concert has been postponed. I have attached a letter I received from AYV yesterday.
If you purchased tickets or merchandise, the letter will tell you how to get your refund.
We will continue working on the music in Chorus class in case it is rescheduled before the end of the school year. Above all, I encourage you to KEEP SINGING!!
Hi everyone! Permission slips are now available for the American Young Voices (AYV) trip. If your child does not bring one home you can print it here and send it in. They are due to me by MARCH 16TH.
The cost of the bus will be calculated once we know how many children are attending so please make sure your calendars are clear for that day before you sign the slip.
Field Trip Permission Slip_SOCSD
Welcome back everyone! I have added a few more songs to the American Young Voices page. Please listen to them so you will be familiar with them in Chorus class.
WHEN PURCHASING TICKETS FOR AMERICAN YOUNG VOICES, DO NOT PURCHASE ONE FOR YOUR CHILD!!!! The children are the performance for the evening. The tickets are for you to come and watch the show.
The All County Music is finally in. Those student attending should click on the All County page for further information and to listen to the music.
Happy New Year everyone!
Last week I sent home a Save the Date Flyer for American Young Voices. This flyer gives you some information about the program as well as tells you about purchasing tickets and merchandise. If you did not receive one, I have attached the flyer below. It is 2 sided so I’ve attached both sides.
I will have more information about the cost of the bus soon and a permission slip.
Save the Date pdf
Save-the-date Ms. Greene (2)
If you missed your opportunity to sign up your child for 3rd Grade Chorus/Singers, it’s not too late. Please go to the 3rd Grade Singers page and follow the directions there. PLEASE NOTE!!!! WE DO NOT BEGIN 3RD GRADE CHORUS UNTIL APRIL AND THE CLASS WILL TAKE PLACE AFTER SCHOOL, NOT IN THE MORNINGS.