Faces of the Moon written by Bob Crelin, illustrated by Leslie Evans
Why does the Moon seem to change shape from night to night?When we look into the sky the moon does not always look the same. The revolution of the Moon around the Earth makes the Moon appear as if it is changing shape in the sky. From Earth we see the Moon grow from a thin crescent to a full disk (or full moon) and then shrink back to a thin crescent again before vanishing for a few days.
This educational hip-hop song teaches all about moon phases. See the lyrics and complete lesson at http://www.flocabulary.com/moon-phases/
The Moon rises and sets every day, like the Sun. The Sun always rises in the morning and sets in the evening. The Moon, on the other hand, does it at a different time every day. The widget below shows the current phase of the moon.
Other Fiction and Nonfiction Books About the Moon:
- The Sun is My Favorite Star by Frank Asch
- Sun Up, Sun Down: The Story of Day and Night by Jacqui Bailey
- What Makes Day and Night? by Franklyn M. Branley
- The Sun: Our Nearest Star by Franklyn M. Branley
- Why the Sun and Moon Live in the Sky by Elphinstone Dayrell
- The Sun is Always Shining Somewhere by Allan Fowler
- Sun Up, Sun Down by Gail Gibbons
- The Sun by Seymour Simon