Cottage Lane’s Wall of Listening is an opportunity to interview, record, and share the stories of staff members. Listen to monthly podcasts. You never know whose voice might provide you with wisdom, comfort, inspiration, or joy.
The Cottage Lane Wall of Listening page is modeled from StoryCorps national project whose mission is to preserve the stories of all Americans from all backgrounds and beliefs. Like StoryCorps, “We do this to remind one another of our shared humanity, strengthen and build the connections between people, teach the value of listening, and weave into the fabric of our culture the understanding that every life matters.”
1. Listen to a few examples from Cottage Lane Wall of Listening page.
2. Select a person not already featured on
3. Use this guide to Develop Great Interview Questions With the StoryCorps Question Generator.
4. Borrow an iPad to record the interview and take a photo.
5. All interviews should be under three minutes.