Frida is one of the many women we can celebrate during the month of March – Women’s History Month. Our word of the month is persistence. Our book of the month celebrates 13 women from around the world – She Persisted. In honor of this occasion we would like to celebrate a few female legends and/or a few personal “sheroes” with this month’s challenge.
The Paper Doll Challenge:
- Research Women Who Changed History and Women’s History Month from the Library of Congress
- Select a female legend OR pick your own “shero.”
- Create a paper doll with a printout of the person with layered paper plates or construction paper.
- Each paper plate layer should have an important information about this woman – Name and Timeline, Famous Quote, Her impact on the world.
- Use a pipe cleaner to string the layers together.
- Color, cut and tape the printout of your “shero.”
- Bring your paper doll to school for our display and/or share your doll and information on our Frida Kahlo Paper Doll Challenge.
DUE: Friday, March 19th