This month we celebrate Memorial Day and honor all those who lost their lives protecting our freedoms. We will have a special assembly with Gold Star Families sponsored by the Vetiquette Program. We are using this month’s challenge to help decorate for Memorial Day.
As a tribute from you to all the soldiers who lost their lives fighting for freedom create a patriotic lantern in his/her name. We are challenging you to:
- Create a paper lantern and decorate it with a patriotic theme.
- Click on this link to learn How to Make a Paper Lantern.
- On the handle please make sure write the name of a soldier who died while serving our country.
- Include the name of the war on the top rim.
- Write the year he/she was born and when he/she died on the bottom rim.
- Feel free to research someone in your family, a local soldier or someone you don’t know.
- Make as many lanterns as you desire.
- Due by Wednesday, May 15th.
Thank you for helping us to remember!