I looooooooove Mrs. McBride’s monthly challenges. Our first one of the year is the “Out of the Box” challenge. Read all about it on Mrs. McBride’s blog.
This is just a test to see if everyone can post on the blog. So just reply with a “Hello!” or other nice greeting.
Hello! Sorry I didn’t put these up yesterday–technical difficulties!
September’s Superpower is courage!
- Courage is strength in the face of pain or grief; the quality of being brave; valor; heroism.
- Courage means sacrificing your needs for the needs of another.
- Courage means taking a risk and facing your fears.
- It takes courage to admit you have made a mistake.
- It takes courage to stand up for someone who is being teased.
Maira Kalman’s Fireboat: The Heroic Adventures of the John J. Harvey inspires all of us to be heroic, no matter our size or age and is our book of the month. Visit fireboat.org and read additional news article.
September 11 is Patriot Day. Patriot Day is to remember those who were injured or died during the terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001. September 11th reminds us of all those who displayed great acts of courage that day. We must remember that ordinary citizens have the power to be extraordinary.
- Decorate a medal in honor of a fallen hero. Find a name here.
- How will you show courage this year? Post your comment below.
Hello! This is Miss Williams. I can’t wait to meet you all on Tuesday! What are you most excited about?