Your Role & Our Expectations
The TZHS team works to create a safe and orderly environment that supports student success, both in and out of the classroom. In this environment we strive to help you develop as a responsible, respectful, and caring citizen.
Through your responsible and respectful behavior at all times, in school, at school related events, and in the community, we will support you as you will:
- Work to the best of your ability by being on time to all classes, paying attention, and completing all work by clearly established deadlines.
- Treat others respectfully at all times, through both your actions and the way in which you speak to and about others. Use of profanity, language that is vulgar or offensive to others, or words that are derogatory or make fun of others are unacceptable at TZHS.
- Be truthful at all times and encourage your friends to be truthful as well.
- Accept responsibility for your actions at all times.
- Respect school property, i.e. lockers, textbooks, uniforms, etc.
- Ensure that fellow students feel safe and comfortable at TZHS, and actively work to help those who feel uncomfortable or threatened in any way (physically, emotionally, etc.) by confiding in an adult who can intervene appropriately.
- Inform an adult in school if an incident begins outside of school and you believe it may continue in school.
- Use technology responsibly and for academic pursuits; you may record, videotape, or take pictures only when given specific permission to do so.
- Understand and follow all the rules set forth in the Student Handbook, as well as those established by your teachers.