2018-19 AP Exam Information
Registration Fees & Instructions
Late registration and payment for 2019 AP exams will be open Thursday, April 4 – Sunday, April 7. Deadline is Sunday, April 7.
- Fees: The late registration fee is $150.00 per exam, which includes $50 late fee, 4.75% processing fee and $3 registration fee.
- Registration/payment: Registration and payment must be done via My Payments Plus. NO CASH OR CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Multiple exams: Students may register for multiple exams.
- Cancellation deadline is Sunday, April 7: Students/parents must email Technology Team Leader/AP Coordinator Nicholas DeSantis by Sunday, April 7 to cancel/withdraw an exam.
Register via My Payments Plus
1. Go to www.mypaymentsplus.com (same website as school lunch program)
2. If you already have an account, then “sign in.”
3. If you DO NOT have an account, select “register a FREE Account,” and then select “New York State” and “South Orangetown CSD.” Enter Last name and Student ID (you can find your ID on a report card, in PowerSchool, or on your student ID card).
4. Under “Advance Placement Exams” and under your child’s name, select the AP test from the dropdown menu.
5. Read “Important Exam Information” and check box.
6. Select date and time of AP exam then submit.
7. Continue to payment options to complete the registration process (must use credit/debit card). PLEASE VERIFY YOU HAVE THE CORRECT EXAMS AND PAYMENT INFO. Registration is not complete until you receive an email confirmation.
Please register as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day of registration. Please contact Technology Team Leader/AP Coordinator Nicholas DeSantis with questions.
Exam Dates: Week 1
Monday, May 6
Morning (8am): U.S. Government and Politics
Afternoon (12pm): Chinese Language & Culture, Environmental Science
Tuesday, May 7
Morning (8am): Seminar, Spanish Language & Culture
Afternoon (12pm): Japanese Language & Culture, Physics 1: Algebra-Based
Wednesday, May 8
Morning (8am): English Literature & Composition
Afternoon (12pm): European History, French Language & Culture
Thursday, May 9
Morning (8am): Chemistry, Spanish Literature & Culture
Afternoon (12pm): German Language & Culture, Psychology
Friday, May 10
Morning (8am): U.S. History
Afternoon (12pm): Computer Science Principles, Physics 2: Algebra-Based
Studio Art: May 10 is the last day for coordinators to submit digital portfolios (by 8PM Eastern Time) and to gather 2-D Design and Drawing students for the physical portfolio assembly. Teachers should have forwarded their students’ completed digital portfolios to coordinators before this date.
Exam Dates: Week 2
Monday, May 13
Morning (8am): Biology,
Afternoon (12pm): Physics C: Mechanics
Afternoon (2pm): Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism (special exam time: only exam given at 2pm)
Tuesday, May 14
Morning (8am): Calculus AB, Calculus BC
Afternoon (12pm): Art History, Human Geography
Wednesday, May 15
Morning (8am): English Language & Composition
Afternoon (12pm): Italian Language & Culture, Macroeconomics
Thursday, May 16
Morning (8am): Comparative Government & Politics, World History
Afternoon (12pm): Statistics
Friday, May 17
Morning (8am): Microeconomics, Music Theory
Afternoon (12pm): Computer Science A, Latin
Please take a minute to review the following College Board guidelines:
- Cell phones and other electronic devices are prohibited from the exam room and may not be used during the break. If a student uses a cell or electronic device in the exam room or during a break, the device will be confiscated and the student dismissed. Tappan Zee High School is then obliged to contact the College Board’s Office of Testing Integrity.
- Food or drink (including water) should not be brought to the exam room.
- NO mechanical pencils: #2 pencils ONLY. Students will need blue or black pen as well.
- For AM exams, students should arrive at 7:30am. For PM exams, students should arrive at 11:40am. No student admission after 8am (morning exam) OR 12pm (afternoon exam).
- Students are encouraged to wear watches in case they cannot see the clock. However, watches that beep or have an alarm are not permitted in the exam room.
- Students should have a College Board account set up before taking the exam(s) in order to receive their scores online. Sign up at apscore.org.