South Orangetown Middle School communicates with families through a variety of methods. Here are the main tools we use:
- Automated email and phone service
- Used to remind families of upcoming events or share important information, mostly by email only
- Student families are automatically subscribed at the start of each school year
- Current SOMS families who are not receiving SchoolMessenger notifications or who need to update phone numbers/email addresses should contact the school’s main office at (845) 680-1100
- School SchoolMessenger notifications are for parents of current students and staff only; however, community members may subscribe to receive SchoolMessenger messages from the school district here
- Communications regarding weather-related closings, delays and early dismissals are handled by the school district (information here)
- Home page web postings
- Used to share school news, including student and staff achievements
Daily Announcements & Daily Updates
- Used to share information about enrichment and support opportunities, and club meeting information
- Daily Announcements and Daily Update posts are automatically emailed to subscribers when published; Daily Announcements are sent at 4:30pm weekdays, Daily Updates are sent at 5am weekdays to remind families of key information.
- To subscribe to the SOMS Daily Announcements & Daily Updates, sign up here.
- Follow SOMS on Twitter (@SOMS_News) for a glimpse of the exciting work that’s happening in our classrooms
- Our feed is also featured on our homepage
- To keep track of key dates (and what day it is in the rotation cycle), stay tuned to our Google Calendar
- Information on how to subscribe to updates and sync with mobile devices can be found on the Calendar page
For information regarding the school district’s communication tools, go to the For Parents page at www.socsd.org.