A Found Poem is where you borrow, or “rent” an author’s words from a song, poem, or book, and create your own poem.
The awesome thing about found poetry is that there are no rules. Found poems take existing texts and refashion them and present them as poems. (Example)
- Read the excerpt from your chapter.
- Look for the beautiful language.
- Think about the message you want to convey about your story.
- Highlight words or phrases that you might want.
- Record these words on your Found Poem planning page.
- Rearrange your words to convey a message in a poem.
- Add your poem to this blog post.