queson 3 11/25/15

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bella

How did the author begin the story that helps us understand the characters? Explain using text evidence.

Kiera

1. In the story the cricket in time square by George Selden the author begins the story by telling the setting and main character. This helps me understand the story because now I know who/what the main character is. His name is Tucker and he is a mouse. The setting helps me because now I know where the story takes place and when it does. It takes place in a Subway Station in Times Square. I can infer that it takes place in the 1900’s. As you can see, the beginning of this story helps me understand what might come next and who the characters are.

bella

I agree with you Kaley because of your statements of the story. In the story ” The Cricket In Time Square” by George Selen he helps me understand the characters by describing the setting and the characters. One reason is in the beginning when he said that his name was Tuker and that he was a mouse and he lived in a sewage pipe in the subway and he saw everything that went on down there . This helps me understand the setting and the characters because if he left that small part out I would have not now a lot of things like who he is and where he is and where his home is. I can tell when it takes place because now we rarely have newspaper stands in the subways now they are food stands in there place. All and all as you can see why the beginning of the story helps me understand the characters and what will or will not happen in the story.

Kaitlyn

In the story “The Cricket in Time Square” by George Selden, the author begins the story with the main character. I know this because in the first chapter it is called “Tucker”. He explains the setting by telling the reader that Tucker the mouse lives in a drainpipe in the subway station and how he watches Mario.
    Mario is a boy in the story that helps his dad work in the newsstand. Mario is happy when he finds the cricket and wants to keep it. This shows in the story that Mario may be lonely and would like a pet. In conclusion, this helps me understand the personalities of the characters and what they do in the story.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.