Welcome to our Book Club page! This page gives you an opportunity to extend your book clubs outside of the classroom! One person in each group will post a question for the group to discuss. It is each book club member’s responsibility to answer the question with a detailed response. Don’t forget that you can use this page to ask clarifying questions about what you read and talk to your group about any connections you have.
Examples of Questions:
- What do you predict will happen next? Explain.
- What is the big idea of the story? Use text evidence to explain.
- Describe a character using character traits. Use text evidence to explain.
- If you could change places with someone in the story, who would it be and why?
- If you could give a character an award, who would you give it to and what would the award be for? Explain using text evidence.
- Evaluate the character’s behavior. Is it right or wrong? Explain why.
- Describe the setting of this chapter. Why it is taking place there? Explain.
- How does the main character respond to difficulty?
- What is the problem in the story? How is the problem affecting the characters in the story? Think of all the characters and not just the main character.
- How does the problem get resolved?
- If you could be friends with one character, who would it be and why?
- How has the main character changed throughout the story?
- What have you learned from the story?
- Would you recommend this book to others? Why? Why not?