Wonder, Explore, Read, Learn & DiscoverMrs. Wagner
Welcome back to an exciting school year! This year when you come to W.E.R.L.D. you can expect to wonder, explore, read, learn and discover! Your time in W.E.R.L.D. will open your mind and heart to reading. From the research process to developing vocabulary to enhancing creativity you will be amazed by these experiences through reading! Please tour this new website and begin your journey traveling Cottage Lane’s new “WERLD.”
- Readers have many different reasons to read, and those reasons are different for everyone.
- Reading can be AWESOME and it only gets better as you get STRONGER at it!
- Make a plan to read over the summer vacation. Hold onto all of those reading skills and strategies that you learned this school year.
Browse the websites below for book recommendations. Theses websites will keep your enthusiasm for reading really high!
- Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Lists for Kids
- New York’s Summer Reading Booklists
- 100 Must Reads for All Kids
- New York’s Public Library Book List
- Read Brightly: Summer Books for Tweens
- Scholastics Summer Reading Book List
If you feel like listening to a read aloud, then click on Storyline Online. Sit back and enjoy a good story.
Click on the links below to read some digital books.
Also check out, newsela.com and search eggs. There are a handful of high interest articles about eggs. You will never look at an egg the same way, again.
Wonderopolis.org has a few “wonders” about the good old egg.
You might be wondering, “Why are we learning about the egg?” Stay tuned for some “eggcellent” work ahead.
Cottage Lane’s Journalism Club published March’s Edition about Integrity. A school newspaper created and edited by kids!