The Cottage Lane Summer Reading Contest
Get caught reading with someone famous… A movie star, a politician, or someone special to you!
Or, Get caught reading in a unique location…… On a beach, under a tree, or on a mountain top or in a rain forest!
1. Locate a camera, smartphone, iPad, Nook, Kindle, or a Tablet and a book.
2. Snap a photograph of yourself reading in the silliest or most unusual place. Do not hurt yourself or your book! No underwater reading!
3. A. Ask permission to email the photograph to [email protected]. By emailing the photograph, you grant Cottage Lane Elementary School permission to post it on the school blog. In your email include: the title and author, place photo was taken, and one interesting fact about the book.
B.If you would not like it posted or are unable to email the picture bring the printed photograph to the office with the attached slip.
4. Prizes will be given to the 4-5 most unusual photographs. There will also be prizes awarded to the class that reads the most over the summer. Every child who submits a photo will be recognized for their summer reading.
5. Students may submit as many photos as they would like…NO LIMIT!!
6. Thank you for participating in this fun project! Happy Reading!
Other Summer Reading Contests:
The Public Libraries have contests with tons of fun prizes! Go to the library this summer and ask about their summer reading contest!
Barnes and Noble Summer Reading: Students read 8 books and log them on Barnes and Noble’s book log form. Students bring the form into the store and choose a free book from the list on the back of the reading log.
Chuck E. Cheese Rewards Calendars: Students read for ten days, log it on the rewards form, and they will receive 10 free tokens.
Pottery Barn Kids Summer Reading Challenge: Students color in books to represent the amount of books they read over the summer on Pottery Barn Kid’s reading tracker. Students then bring the completed form to a local store to receive a free book and to be entered in drawings for fun prizes.
Scholastic Summer Challenge: Allows students to earn digital awards by entering the number of minutes they read each day.
TD Bank Summer Reading Program: Read 10 books, log them onTD Bank’s form and receive $10 for your saving account.