Two years ago, Scott Naturals Tube-Free bath tissue wanted to cut down on unnecessary waste. By eliminating the center cardboard tube, they would save 17 billion toilet paper tubes from being thrown away each year. Quiz: How many tubes do you use? This is enough to fill the Empire State Building twice! Check out their commercial.
This is not a promotion for Scott. This is a request to not #tossthetube. Let’s reuse the tube as a research project. Select an exotic or endangered animal. Research the animal of your choice. Once you have learned about the animal transform a toilet paper tube into that animal. Your entry must:
- Be submitted by March 31st.
- Structure must NOT exceed nor be larger than 24 inches in height or width.
- Include your name, teacher’s name, grade.
- Write the name of your animal.
- Include three facts about the animal.
- Add one question you still have about the animal.
- Entry Form – The Tube Challenge Entry Form
“Creativity is making the marvelous out of the discarded.”