- What is home?
- What makes a place a home?
- Do we need a home? Why or why not?
- Is being home about a place outside of us, or about something inside us?
- Can we be at home anywhere?
- Do homes change?
- Can a home become no longer a home?Does home mean the same thing to all people?
It is time to get those creative juices going again! Mrs. McBride is offering an opportunity to put your skills to work. Find out more details for this month’s challenge here – The Out of the Box Cardboard Challenge
September’s Superpower is courage!
- Courage is strength in the face of pain or grief; the quality of being brave; valor; heroism.
- Courage means sacrificing your needs for the needs of another.
- Courage means taking a risk and facing your fears.
- It takes courage to admit you have made a mistake.
- It takes courage to stand up for someone who is being teased.
Maira Kalman’s Fireboat: The Heroic Adventures of the John J. Harvey inspires all of us to be heroic, no matter our size or age and is our book of the month. Visit fireboat.org and read additional news article.
September 11 is Patriot Day. Patriot Day is to remember those who were injured or died during the terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001. September 11th reminds us of all those who displayed great acts of courage that day. We must remember that ordinary citizens have the power to be extraordinary.
- Decorate a medal in honor of a fallen hero. Find a name here.
- How will you show courage this year? Post your comment below.
It is time to get those creative juices going again! Mrs. McBride is offering another opportunity for you to put your skills to work. Find out more details for this month’s challenge here – Remembering Memorial Day.
It is time to get those creative juices going again! Mrs. McBride is offering another opportunity to put your skills to work. Find out more details for this month’s challenge here – The 5-7-5 Challenge.
“Acceptance is not love. You love a person because he or she has lovable traits, but you accept everybody just because they’re alive and human.” ~ Albert Ellis
- Acceptance is the willingness to embrace feelings, habits, or beliefs that are different from your own.
- Acceptance is the ability to experience or survive something unpleasant.
- Acceptance is the willingness to tolerate a difficult or unpleasant situation.
- We all have the human need and right to be accepted.
How will you show acceptance? What can you do to help others find their wings? Remember you also need to accept yourself for your own unique qualities, I Have a Voice.