Thanks for sharing Chloe, Sebastian and Jayden! I love these!!!
Very impressive Sidney, thanks for sharing
Storyline Online https://www.storylineonline.net/library/
- Actors/Actresses reading aloud their favorite books. Listen to the story, focus on characters and character relationships, share with a family member what the theme is. If you listen with a family member, discuss the important events in the story and why they are important.
- articles and videos to watch. If you choose to do any of the activities, be sure to share with me in Google docs ([email protected]). Make sure title it, and put your name on it.
Time for Kids: https://www.timeforkids.com/
- Variety of articles to read.
- Multimedia site that helps kids to understand math
- Scroll left and right to see topics
- Videos, slideshows and songs to teach concepts
Math Playground https://www.mathplayground.com/
- Choose appropriate grade and topics – tons of games
Greg Tang Math
- Check out his games and challenges
- Create your free account, and enjoy online math games.
4th Grade Chapter Tests – Prep https://www.eduplace.com/kids/mhm/testprep/gr4/index.html
- Old; but still a good review
Mrs. McBride’s Blog https://blogs.socsd.org/kmcbride/
- Check out Mrs. McBride’s amazing blog! If you scroll all the way to the bottom of her home page, you will find activities differentiated by grade…and then topic. She is all about grit and making kids (and adults) work through challenges. Good stuff here!
Interactive Sites For Education http://interactivesites.weebly.com/index.html
- A variety of sites – all different subjects. (Math, SS, Science, Art, etc.)
Brain Pop https://www.brainpop.com/
- Watch educational videos – don’t forget to take the quiz, play the games, etc.
- Also many concepts in all subject areas on Brain pop jr
- Username: cottagelanelementary Password: bpop
Everyone loves a snow day! Let’s plan a game and get those creative juices going! Mrs. McBride is offering an opportunity to put your skills to work. Games are due Tuesday, January 21st. Find out more details for this month’s challenge here – The Snow Day Game Challenge.
Black Friday… Cyber Monday…Sales! Sales! Sales! Everyone is out looking for great deals on holiday presents. Don’t fall into this shopping craze. Use some imagination and creativity with Mrs. McBride’s monthly challenge, The Holiday Challenge. All entries are due Tuesday, December 17th.
Busy week in Social Studies….Mrs. McNerney shared her experience of the time she worked on a Native American Reservation. We than heard the Haudenausanee myth of the “No Face Doll” and made our own special Cornhusk Dolls! Thank you also to our other class ambassador, Mrs. Slane, for coming in to assist our students in helping to create their dolls!!
Mrs. McNerney came in again on Friday to show students the hard work that went into making butter!! Students sure had fun “shaking” it, but all agree we are happy we don’t need to do thiseveryday!!
It is time to get those creative juices going again! Mrs. McBride is offering another opportunity to put your skills to work. Find out more details for this month’s challenge here – The Origami Challenge.
“Acceptance is not love. You love a person because he or she has lovable traits,
but you accept everybody just because they’re alive and human.” ~ Albert Ellis
- Acceptance is the willingness to embrace feelings, habits, or beliefs that are different from your own.
- Acceptance is the ability to experience or survive something unpleasant.
- Acceptance is the willingness to tolerate a difficult or unpleasant situation.
- We all have the human need and right to be accepted.
Book of the Month:
The Day You Begin By: Jacqueline Woodson
What is one way you can show acceptance to someone who may have differences to you?
It is time to get those creative juices going again! Mrs. McBride is offering an opportunity to put your skills to work. Find out more details for this month’s challenge here – The Pumpkin Character Challenge.