Our book of the month by Cynthia Rylant, An Angel for Solomon Singer, demonstrates optimism.
It also provides wonderful opportunities for philosophical discussions. For example:
- What is home?
- What makes a place a home?
- Do we need a home? Why or why not?
- Is being home about a place outside of us, or about something inside us?
- Can we be at home anywhere?
- Do homes change?
- Can a home become no longer a home?Does home mean the same thing to all people?
Remember Mr. Onativia’s optimistic words, “I choose to be happy. I choose to look at the good. I possess the qualities to be happy and successful.” Practice optimism this month. Try the daily affirmations from our Character Education page, October’s Superpower is Optimism.