October’s Superpower is Optimism!
“I hope the millions of people I’ve touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and persevere with a positive attitude.”
- Optimism is ability to look on the more favorable side of situations.
- Optimism is the tendency to expect the best and see the best in all things.
- Optimism is the tendency to have a positive attitude.
- Optimism is the ability to approach situations with cheerfulness.
Admitting you made a mistake is difficult to do. It is equally difficult to recognize a failure and have the mindset to transform or re-shape it into something more likely to succeed.
This video on optimism exemplifies how we have the power to look on the positive side. We have a choice on how we live our lives and how we view our situation. We also can help others to look on the bright side.
Turn & Talk
What could Solomon Singer say to himself to have a more positive attitude about where he lived?
SKIT – The Power of Positive Talk: The BUT Twist
Watch Jessica’s “Daily Affirmations.” Her video went viral and was picked up by Maxwell House coffee.
Practice affirmations or positive self-talk:
- Video tape your own affirmations. You never know what commercial you might star in some day.
- Turn to a partner and share one thing you are good at.
- Class Thought Bubbles – Each class will receive a thought bubble. Each student is expected to write one positive comment about him/herself. These bubbles will be on display in the main hallway.
I will have
I will have a
I will have a positive
I will have a positive attitude!
I will see
I will see the
I will see the best
I will see the best in
I will see the best in you!