December is Sunshine!
“When you start to develop your powers of empathy and imagination,
the whole world opens up to you.” ~ Susan Sarandon
- Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
- Empathy is about standing in someone else’s shoes, feeling with his or her heart, seeing with his or her eyes.
- Empathy makes the world a better place.
The song of the month is “Walk a Mile in my Shoes” by Elvis Presley.
What is empathy?
- Sesame Street: Mark Ruffalo: Empathy
- Stand in My Shoes
- The Importance of Empathy (new)
- My Shoes (new)
How can you show empathy?
- Thanks for telling me about that. I’m here if you want to talk about it.
- I can understand how difficult that must be for you.
- Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.
- Please continue to let me know how that’s going for you, I’m so glad you told me.
- I am here as a friend. Is there anything I can do?
The Yellow Star