Summer STEAM Camp 2019
DATES: Monday, July 1 – Friday, July 12 (no camp Thursday, July 4)
LOCATION: Tappan Zee High School
DROP-OFF TIME: 8:45am
PICK-UP TIME: 12:15pm
CONTACT: Jessenia Cursio and Samantha Levine, STEAM Camp Coordinators
- Open to current South Orangetown public school students (grades K-8) who attend WOS, CLE or SOMS
- Programs are led by SOCSD teachers
- No cost for families to participate
- Transportation may be provided for families who request busing to AND from camp every day (no pick-ups)
Camper Registration & Selection
- Enrollment preference will be given to families who applied but were not selected to participate last year. The early application process for these families will be open March 18-29. Priority will also be given to students eligible for free and reduced lunch and students who receive ENL services, since Summer STEAM Camp is partially supported with Title I and III funds.
- Online general registration will be open April 1-12. The general registration link will be posted on the district For Parents page at www.socsd.org/for-parents by 9AM on April 1 and close April 12 at 4PM.
A random number generator will be used to select campers from the general registration pool to fill remaining seats. If a camper is randomly selected, siblings of that camper will also be given a seat. Once all seats are filled, the same random selection process will be used to form a 20-seat waitlist.
Families will be notified of 2019 Summer STEAM Camp application status by Monday, May 6.