Summer STEAM Camp 2018
DATES: Monday, July 2 – Friday, July 13 (no camp Wednesday, July 4)
LOCATION: Tappan Zee High School
DROP-OFF TIME: 8:45am
PICK-UP TIME: 12:15pm
CONTACT: Jessenia Cursio and Samantha Levine, STEAM Camp Coordinators
- Open to current South Orangetown public school students (grades K-8) who attend WOS, CLE or SOMS
- Programs are led by SOCSD teachers
- No cost for families to participate
- Transportation may be provided for families who request busing to AND from camp every day (no pick-ups)
Camper Registration & Selection
- Enrollment preference will be given to families who applied but were not selected to participate last year. The early application process for these families will be open March 26-30.
- Priority will also be given to students eligible for free and reduced lunch, since Summer STEAM Camp is partially supported with Title I funds, and to children of teachers* who reside in the district and are working at STEAM Camp
- Online general registration will be open April 16-22. The general registration link will be posted on the district For Parents page at www.socsd.org/for-parents by 9am on April 16.
A random number generator will be used to select campers from the general registration pool to fill remaining seats. If a camper is randomly selected, siblings of that camper will also be given a seat. Once all seats are filled, the same random selection process will be used to form a 20-seat wait-list.
*The decision was made to admit children of teachers who reside in-district and are working at STEAM Camp in order to maximize the total number of campers that could be enrolled. Each teacher who works at Summer STEAM Camp creates 15 spots for campers.